Attachments

• 77D5C03D-433D-4EDD-8FE2-17812CB9D76A.jpeg
    77D5C03D-433D-4EDD-8FE2-17812CB9D76A.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 92

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
You could try using a later heater/radio trim plate (about '85 to '88) as those are 1.5 DIN sized. Then just get a aftermarket install kit for the aftermarket radio. There's a guy on Ebay that sells 3D printed 2 DIN ones for '78-'88 A/G's but not sure what of any mods would be needed to the dash under the heater controls.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Another option is a bluetooth adapter. It looks like a cigarette lighter USB charger, but it will connect with a bluetooth device and then sends an FM signal. You just tune the stock radio to the set frequency. Like this...

IMDEN Bluetooth 5.0 FM Transmitter for Car, 3.0 Wireless Bluetooth FM Radio Adapter Music Player FM Transmitter/Car Kit with Hands-Free Calling and 2 USB Ports Charger Support USB Drive https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F2RTN5Z/?tag=gbody-20

The sound quality is not absolutely stellar but it will pass. Another option is to find someone to put bluetooth in your stock radio. That's what I did with my 96 Roadmaster...
09-21-20_03.jpg

I don't know anything about this company, but just linking it to demonstrate that there are people out there doing this....

Another option is Retrosound. They likely have a shaft style radio that will fit your bezel without modification and has the bluetooth built in....

• Informative
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor