rally gauge conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
Pc3, did you watch the video by a YouTube channel called g body garage. Brian on that channel did this conversion and walked step by step through the process. There is also a write up on I believe a chevy malibu racing website that has a PDF download that details out this process. If I get a free moment tonight at home, I'll see if I can find the PDF and PM it to you.

Reactions: 1 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Pc3

Master Mechanic
Nov 17, 2019
Pc3, did you watch the video by a YouTube channel called g body garage. Brian on that channel did this conversion and walked step by step through the process. There is also a write up on I believe a chevy malibu racing website that has a PDF download that details out this process. If I get a free moment tonight at home, I'll see if I can find the PDF and PM it to you.
I did on the G body You Tube...I would appreciate tht Pdf

Pc3

Master Mechanic
Nov 17, 2019
got the rally cluster hooked up Not all is working. lights are not all on and the ones that are are dim. I will tinker with that tomorrow.
I was left with one ground wire and one illumination wire to spare. I am wondering if I'm using the wrong wires {GRAY /BLACK}
was considering splice the two gray and two black together into the wire terminal connector from the rally gauge connector?
If any you guys have done this conversion please chime in .
thanks
th.gif

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
not to hijack your thread, im looking to do that same mod. i cut the plug off of a wire harness from a 87 cutlass i found at my local yard to use to practice switching the wires around as instructed on the reference site, and i found it hard to get the pin to snap back into the plug tightly after i remove it . so my question is there a special technique to us to get the wire clips out of the plug and to get them to snap back into the plug securely to get a good connection.

there are a lot of smart guys on this site im surprise someone have not come up with a wire harness connector kit with a male end and a female end with the wires switched around in the harness to mate the harness and the rally gauge together. $$$$$$

if that make sense

1575955888665.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor