rally gauge conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pc3

Master Mechanic
Nov 17, 2019
Lol. I hear ya! The cluster is back in and everything is working except for the left blinker staying lit with the lights on. All wireing is correct .
Need to check the blinker bulb. Up front. Looks a little dim.
I ordered a new circuit board but might not need it afteral. The L E D lights where needed. The reg bulbs where way dim

Reactions: 1 user

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Question: Does this "fix" require changing the old printed circuit on the back of the instrument cluster? As mentioned earlier, these printed circuits are so old and flimsy they are basically huge "frustration time-bombs." Has anyone tried wiring directly to the clamp connectors for each gauge or rewiring the cluster?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
If the bulbs are dim, start checking the grounds and the contacts in the sockets; they're usually the first to corrode. I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again. Near the horn, on the driver's fender, there is a ground splice that puts 6 18ga. grounds to one 18ga. for the front lights. Cut that off, and replace it with a 10 or 12ga. and ring terminal to ensure proper current flow.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor