442 Rally pack issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
I know this is going to sound a little vague,but here goes. My car the computer was removed and the rally pack was put in in place of the sweep style. The connector was changed and all wires are in there right place according to the chart. I have an after market Tech, oil pressure gauge, water temp and boost gauge for the blower. All I want is the fuel gauge and volt meter to work on the rally pack. Because most likely all the other gauges have been redirected and yes they do all work.When I put the key on the fuel gauge pegs past full and the volt meter moves but shows about 9 or 10 volts.I know my sending unit is working I did check that first. Any ideas on how I can make this work or where I should check?

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
It's likely the pink wire in the same place you found the loose parking light connection. That's where I'd start....
Ty That makes sense It's the plug right by the fuse block I pushed my meter into it and the lights came on lol. I will try it when I get home tonight.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Grab a can of contact cleaner on the way home, carefully disconnect the plug, and hose down the contacts. Shoot some dielectric grease in there when it's dry for good measure. You can also use a small pick to bend the contacts a bit to make them tighter fitting.

Reactions: 1 user

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
Grab a can of contact cleaner on the way home, carefully disconnect the plug, and hose down the contacts. Shoot some dielectric grease in there when it's dry for good measure. You can also use a small pick to bend the contacts a bit to make them tighter fitting.
I know this is going to sound a little vague,but here goes. My car the computer was removed and the rally pack was put in in place of the sweep style. The connector was changed and all wires are in there right place according to the chart. I have an after market Tech, oil pressure gauge, water temp and boost gauge for the blower. All I want is the fuel gauge and volt meter to work on the rally pack. Because most likely all the other gauges have been redirected and yes they do all work.When I put the key on the fuel gauge pegs past full and the volt meter moves but shows about 9 or 10 volts.I know my sending unit is working I did check that first. Any ideas on how I can make this work or where I should check?
I want to thank everyone for helping me with my rally pack issue , I was able to get the fuel gauge working last night . Ty again

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor