Rams Horns

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
I actually used a set of the rams horns on my 81 malibu for a long time. I just cut the top corner off the front cross member. I don't have them anymore but I can take a picture of what I cut and post if you want.
would you plz. curious to see what would need done.

81malibuss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2020
would you plz. curious to see what would need done.
Here is the picture. I only had to cut the passenger side, I could have put a plate over it but never bothered. It was a long time ago so I don't remember the specifics. Also, I used the swept back style.

Attachments

• 20210120_144728.jpg
    20210120_144728.jpg
    976 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: 1 user

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Here is the picture. I only had to cut the passenger side, I could have put a plate over it but never bothered. It was a long time ago so I don't remember the specifics. Also, I used the swept back style.
When you say swept back do you mean these?

Attachments

• DORMAN TRUCK EXHAUST MANIFOLD 674-199 N 674-199.jpg
    DORMAN TRUCK EXHAUST MANIFOLD 674-199 N 674-199.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 137

81malibuss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2020
When you say swept back do you mean these?
Ya, that is what they looked like. I don't know what they came off of because I got them at a flea market. It was a pain with the starter, I had to take the exhaust off to get the starter out. Also, I needed a heat shield on the starter.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Ya, that is what they looked like. I don't know what they came off of because I got them at a flea market. It was a pain with the starter, I had to take the exhaust off to get the starter out. Also, I needed a heat shield on the starter.
well looks like I'm getting some shorty headers...thanks

81malibuss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2020
Ya, I went to a set of headers and never looked back. The best thing I did was get them coated, I used Jet-Hot ultra extreme. It's expensive but it lasted 10+ years on my last set when I sold them, so I got it done on my new set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor