Random interior questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
1) seat belts. Mine quit working properly. Can i use any seat belt from any car?

2) back seat. Anyone know the size of bolts needed to mount it?

3) bucket seats. What seat can i use that needs minimum modifiactions to fit? I have 1 set of buckets with manual tracks and 1 set of motorized tracks. The Manual tracks sit higher than motorized..

4) center console, anything that fits right in or everything needs to be custom

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Seat belts are basically the same across the models, but bucket only have 2 for front and split bench have 3 for front.
Bolts should be M12-1.75x45mm or so on length. If you have factory ones then good, if not pickup some class 10.9 ones and roll with it.
I'm running ebay special buckets on stock monte bucket mounts. They sit a tad high for my liking, but I plan on getting different seats in the future anyways.
Any of the consoles are gonna need some custom work, unless your car already had one. I'm running a Monte console in my Cutlass, and had to transfer the mounts from the donor car to mine.

Reactions: 1 users

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
What makes you say they don't work? They don't retract? You might be able to fix it.
They dont retract. Found that out while slowing down for a speed trap😂 but was thinking maybe newer seatbelts from a junkyard.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Seat belts are basically the same across the models, but bucket only have 2 for front and split bench have 3 for front.
Bolts should be M12-1.75x45mm or so on length. If you have factory ones then good, if not pickup some class 10.9 ones and roll with it.
I'm running ebay special buckets on stock monte bucket mounts. They sit a tad high for my liking, but I plan on getting different seats in the future anyways.
Any of the consoles are gonna need some custom work, unless your car already had one. I'm running a Monte console in my Cutlass, and had to transfer the mounts from the donor car to mine.
Sweet. Thanks for the info. I was thinking of using seats from a modern car. Between the current seats and the other original ones, theres always something trying to poke thru the fabric or stabs your *ss. Would rather have something else in it and save the original seats before they rip/get holes.

Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
They dont retract. Found that out while slowing down for a speed trap😂 but was thinking maybe newer seatbelts from a junkyard.
There is an odd looking lever in the back of the door jam that activates the belt retractor. You will have to remove the inside kickpanel to tinker with the retractor itself, although the lever is removable by two screws from the door jam side.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor