OLDS Rare sight- 84 Hurst/Olds factory coolant hoses

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Still doing research on the radiator hose stampings. I had all these "used" original hoses laying in a box so I drug them out to check and oh, forgot I had a upper/lower original hose set for an 84 H/O. The lower hose is the same 557965, but the upper hose is a one-year only version, 22506594. Something you don't see every day. Some people weren't even aware of the different part number in 84. I believe they upgraded this later in the year to the 800 hose, but I still have only sketchy information about that.

It had the yellow stripe on both upper and lower hoses. But the UPPER hose did not have that extra nook in it to better clear the K34 actuator for the cruise control. It actually is shaped just like the current ACDelco upper hoses for a G47 V8 with 307.

This pic shows 2 lower NOS hoses, and the p/n stamping is different between the two. There's even a third style not shown here I have on another NOS hose. The third hose is the original from my 87 442, and the lower hose is the 84 H/O factory hose. Note the differences in the bends. I wasn't aware of that until I looked them over today.

NOS lower rad hoses used factory upper rad hoses.JPG

This is the 84 H/O lower factory hose.

84 HO lower factory hose.JPG

84 HO upper radiator stamp.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
you can still buy both... Gates 21277 is the 1984 one
Dayco 71625 is the 800 hose...
I would like to know how to find the '82-83 hose...

Last edited:

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
There’s a guy in Miami that puts the marks on your hose you se d him. They look awesome.

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
People don’t realize there’s more marking than the part # that you get on an replacement one. 👍🏽

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
People don’t realize there’s more marking than the part # that you get on an replacement one. 👍🏽
May be. But not this people. There's also a lot of people don't even care about hose markings or restorations back to stock anyway. I already know what has to be done, I just got to do it.

I'm sure this guy in Miami is good at it what he does, but likely the guy you mentioned would charge more than what I've got into this experiment so far to do what is necessary.

The neat thing about all this I've learned is that you can be imperfect to even sloppy and make it look like it was done at the factory around 35 years ago.

I got NOS hoses anyway, so if my plans don't work out to my satisfaction, I'm still set. I'd just rather have the option of using newer hoses if possible.

Reactions: 3 users

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
I heard the look of the rubber is diff now, I have a friend looking for old hoses to mark. I don’t get that crazy myself. Lol
i gotta get the tower clamps, I heard the inline boob guys has a good clamp
what about heater hoses, what marking were on the factory ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor