Rattle can paintjob

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotwheelsboy28

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2011
Jasper, Tennessee
Tired of the crappy spotted up stuff so I've been spraying it.

DSCN0592.jpg

DSCN0267.jpg

DSCN0596.jpg

Well at least it's close to one color.

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
I should probably do the same to my wagon for now because I can't seem to find time to do some real work on it.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, I was also going to suggest buying a cheapo spray gun from Horrible Freight. From some of the reviews I've read, they seem to work fairly well. It would work out cheaper than buying a bunch of spray cans, and at least provide a more even job with a larger fan pattern.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
It does look alot better being one color. But now if you go to put down real paint one day you will need to remove all the rattle can paint.

Nov 4, 2012
looks nice, keep it out of the sun or under a UV protective car cover, and you'll get your money's worth out of it. I've actually been thinking about using a HVLP Harbor Freight gun and that farm implement paint, and painting my car. does anyone have a picture of a car painted with implement paint? and do you know about how long it lasts?

Cw1228

n00b
Jul 13, 2011
sebring fl
less than 100 bucks, tractor supply matte black. this was the 1st car i painted, i also did a elky. my malibu sits out side in fl sun 330 days out of the year and has held up for 2 years now. paint is 29.99 a gallon and you can do 2 cars with that. buy the reducer and hardner, thats it. i think 75 for it all.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Tractor Supply- Farm Implement, semi-flat black, or better known as John Deere Blitz Black is a Valspar product. However, I noticed that Tractor Supply no longer carries that brand anymore. They now have a brand called Majic. I have not used this brand of paint yet, but was told that it supposed to be just as good.
I have used the Valspar semi-flat black, and it works well...easy to use.

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
Has anyone tried this
http://www.eastwood.com/paints/2k-aero- ... aints.html
Eastwood makes a 2part ceramic paint in a spray can and an epoxy primer with a wide spray pattern.
Haven't tried it but Looks pretty cool to me
Here's their description
Eastwood's New 2-Component Ceramic Aero-Spray™. Paint has the durability and precision of a 2-component coating without the paint gun! The two-chamber design mixes the ceramic fortified coating and activator right in the can—no paint gun required—no mess to clean up. Innovative nozzle technology sprays with a wide spray pattern giving you excellent coverage and more control than conventional aerosols. Formulated with Eastwood's proprietary Nano Ceramic Technology to provide you a long lasting, beautiful and durable coating.

hotwheelsboy28

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2011
Jasper, Tennessee
Thanks,It's just temporary I do plan on buying a spraygun from tractor supply sanding it down with a da doing the bodywork right later on as time and money allows.It just looked so bad to me I had to do something. Some people can't see potential in things if it looks bad, but I can visualize potential in things even if they are ugly. Everone does things differently I dare to be different with this old Lesabre lots of great memories in this old car. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor