Re-Gluing Speaker Surround to Cone? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I have a set of Alpine "Type S" 10in. DVC subs that I want to use in my truck. (The old Pioneer IMPP 10's that are in it are from the early 90's and are showing their age.) The Alpine's are in good overall condition, but unfortunately, one of the surrounds has come unglued from the woofer cone. I plan on using them in a 5th order box and would really like them to seal inside the box. What is the right glue to use to reattach the surround to the cone? The foam is good and has not come apart and left any on the cone.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i have had great luck with a light bead of silicone but there are actual glues that are ment for this. online search?? alpines are known for this!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
here's the type of glue that's recommended on a site...

Poly-acrylic adhesive recommended for all of our foam surrounds, dustcaps, gasket sets and general speaker repairs. Dries Clear - Will not swell or deform foams

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor