Re: Supporting Members' Auto-pay/Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
OK, so I *thought* I had gone through and removed almost all of the supporting member paypal "subscriptions" and set the site so that you'd have to manually upgrade every year. There was an issue with it renewing, not updating the site here when it did, people not knowing it was a subscription set up to auto-pay, etc. I don't want to have people automatically sending me money if they don't mean to. Not how I do things. Looks like there was a window where something didn't quite work right or not set up right on my end, and it was still creating these profiles after I'd (I thought) told it not to.

So I'm (again) going in and cancelling all of the Paypal subscriptions for Supporting Membership. I'll have to check my Stripe setup to see if those are similarly set up. What does this mean?

If you're a current "supporting member" your current status won't be affected. Just when its up for renewal, you'll have to do so manually. The site *should* be sending you a notification before it expires, so you can be prepared to re-up if you want.

You might see a message from paypal saying that your subcription/autopay has been cancelled. Don't worry, your upgrade status is still good.

Thanks to everyone who is a "supporting member"... and if you don't know what that is, its $25/year and you don't see any ads apart from our sponsor ads at the top of the page. Click the "Upgrade!" link in the menu bar above.

If there are any issues, questions, etc, please send me a PM or email at GP403@ this domain.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor