Ready for winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayabrusa

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Oct 7, 2015
Put the Malibu to rest for the winter, anyone else?

Maybe a week or two early but had to do while I had time!

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I feel for you. My off driving time is summer when it rains a lot. We are in a great time of year to rive. Taking wife out for anniversary lunch today about 100 mile away and will be driving the El C

Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yeah it's ready, but I store it in my parents garage once they head south for the winter, and they aren't leaving until the first week of November. I usually just wait for a dry day to run it over there and put it to bed.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Yeah it's ready, but I store it in my parents garage once they head south for the winter, and they aren't leaving until the first week of November. I usually just wait for a dry day to run it over there and put it to bed.
That has to be tough but it does give you time to tinker with it in anticipation of spring

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
It was 65* this morning, I just finished a Rallye gauge swap and alternator replacement. Took it for a quick rip. I'm not ready for this winter talk.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I guess if my car was a "pristine" example I would consider it. Otherwise I typically drive it on warm days and take it in to work on xmas eve. Typically put it to sleep in the driveway or a warehouse over the holidays and pull the battery. Then first week of march the cover comes off and we start again.

Reactions: 5 users

hayabrusa

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Oct 7, 2015
by the time Christmas comes around we will already have a couple feet of snow!

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Never!

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Ahhh winter.

That is that time of year when high temps drop down to the 60s, sometimes 50s, and you start wearing some long sleeves right?

If memory serves, usually in around 3 or 4 months we get one or two nights where a killing freeze takes out half the garden by dropping into the bottom 30s. I think about half my green pepper plants are now 3, going on 4 years old. Hope they make it another year.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
That has to be tough but it does give you time to tinker with it in anticipation of spring
I've worked on it so much this year I'm almost ready to not see it for awhile 🤣 Then by around the end of February I'll get the itch and start looking forward to spring and what I need/want to do to it this year. It's a vicious cycle that never seems to end

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor