CUTLASS Ready or not here I come...

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
What did you do to wire it in? I have a three way connector but I would rather use something else. I think I will try to remove the wire from the switch connector and tie them both together and then reinsert the terminal at the connector.
Cut the wire from brake switch going to rear stop lights. Kind of a western union splice with gray wire on one wire and used a crimp bare butt splice with a adhesive lined shrink tubing. Adhesive lining probably not necessary but I have it.
Is it the best way? No clue but I've been doing it for a long time and never had an issue.

Reactions: 1 user

Houston78

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Looking like awesome parts and workmanship! Will you get some HVAC working in the future? I see it blanked off. Let me know how that lower radiator hose works out - I might want the part number - mine is a cobbled-together mess.
Thanks, I do plan on going with an aftermarket HVAC system next year. for the lower hose I used Gates 22354.
hose.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Houston78

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Cut the wire from brake switch going to rear stop lights. Kind of a western union splice with gray wire on one wire and used a crimp bare butt splice with a adhesive lined shrink tubing. Adhesive lining probably not necessary but I have it.
Is it the best way? No clue but I've been doing it for a long time and never had an issue.
Thanks for the info...

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
There is/was an adaptor offered by Dominion Auto for that purpose. They, apparently, are now in receivership so possibly Grote as an option for a vendor.

Physically for what it looks like, see below picture

This one is the 61045-2 Connectivity AMP connector from Digi-key.ca
61045-2.jpg

To attach it to the existing terminal on the brake switch, you just lift off the resident spade female connector, attach this one to the male terminal end, replug the first female back onto one of the male terminal ends and add your gray wire, with a spade female end crimped or soldered to it, to the remaining male terminal. You may have to tweak the terminals ever so slightly to get them to play nice in terms of space so they don't touch but that is about par for the course in adapting wiring.

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
WEll, apparently the picture shows up in edit but won't display in post...............................Bother.

Nick

Houston78

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Finally!!! This is without exhaust.
Boy was I happy it cranked right over without any problems.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Very nice!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor