Rear 3 point belts

Status
Not open for further replies.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Has anyone installed three point belts in their back seat? I have young kids that like to go to car shows with my wife and I and I d like to be able to go in my Malibu. Unfortunately i can’t let them ride in the car because there’s only lap belts in the back. They’re the reason I actually got back working on the car. Tgeg want to ride in it bad.
A google search came up with some aftermarket options but I was just wondering if anyone here has done it already.

Reactions: 1 users

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
I installed them in my GP for my kids. I ordered them from seatbelt planet. Took less than a day to install. The only thing I don't like is you have to help feed the seatbelt back in.

Reactions: 1 user

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
If I remember correctly it was the 125"

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
I would imagine you can retrofit something like a S10 or Blazer front belt into the rear.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
After looking at that link I'd think a belt that mounts the retractor in the stock ones position that would run the belt to the female buckle then to the rear shelf or upper sail panel is what is needed. It'll keep the belt from feeding behind the upper seat cushion. Another type is like what the late '72 to about '75 GM that had a shoulder belt that could be uncoupled from the waist belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor