Rear Axle slightly right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
Adjusting the upper control arms will move the rear left to right as needed. Measure between the tire and frame for a good centered location.

Reactions: 3 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Adjusting the upper control arms will move the rear left to right as needed. Measure between the tire and frame for a good centered location.

Each upper arm have to be the same length. Do not make one shorter and one longer to move axle over to one side.
Acceptable on a panhard bar set up.

Most likely a tire to body difference on side to side IS the body. Find the centerline of the car and if the axle is centered to this, all is good.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

chevyryda

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2021
Just did an 8.8 swap in my 85SS with adjustable uppers. You can adjust the rear upper control arms and it will pull/push the rear end from side to side. I measured from the inside of the rim to the frame rail to get it basically the same both sides. Then set the pinion angle. This video helped explain things.
. I see you have adjustable arms in that package.
That’s a great video!

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Something could have been changed being it was modified. My 70 Cutlass is 3/4" to the right. I thought it looked uneven. Putting on 275/60R15 proved my theory. No damage, just the axle is to the right, body related. When I replace the rear quarters, it will get fixed. Inspect and measure.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Measure from the wheel well to frame on both sides. If they are within an 1/8-3/16", then center the axle as Mac described in post #11, then head off to the alignment shop.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor