Rear Axle slightly right

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyryda

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2021
Hello,

I have an 83 Monte Carlo SS. It has a QA1 suspension kit installed. https://www.qa1.net/automotive/suspension/full-vehicle-kits-systems/handling-suspension-kits
After looking closely at the rear end the passenger side tire appears to do further under the vehicle. Looks like if I lowered the vehicle it might tuck. The driver side rear wheel would definitely not tuck. Is it possible the the axle to be slightly to the right? If so, what can I adjust? Thanks

‘Chevy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Where the body mounts replaced at some point. might be the body to the frame is off a little to the one side

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
I've noticed this on my Malibu. I did replace the rear frame rails and those 4 mounts at the same time, not sure if that would have been enough to affect it or not.

Either way, following this.

Reactions: 1 users

chevyryda

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2021
Where the body mounts replaced at some point. might be the body to the frame is off a little to the one side
I’m not sure but a strong possibility! I’ve only had the car a few weeks. You’re probably right. I drives straight as an arrow. The car is built for drag racing, complete roll cage and suspension package.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Mine is the same but when I measured the tire to frame it’s the same on both sides. It’s quite difference from the quarter panel to the to the wheel. Let me dig around for some pics.
I hope to fix it when I do the body mounts.

Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I would check the frame vs body dimension @ each side. It's possible the body is slightly to one side on the chassis.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Just did an 8.8 swap in my 85SS with adjustable uppers. You can adjust the rear upper control arms and it will pull/push the rear end from side to side. I measured from the inside of the rim to the frame rail to get it basically the same both sides. Then set the pinion angle. This video helped explain things.
. I see you have adjustable arms in that package.

Reactions: 1 user

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
My car is different side to side. It's just the way the car was made

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor