Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2013
Illinois
IMG_0646.JPG
IMG_0647.JPG
IMG_0649.JPG
IMG_0661.JPG
IMG_0662.JPG
I finally got my rear Blazer disc brake swap completed. I have to plumb my Wilwood proportional valve today.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looks great man...nice clean installation. Did it require drilling and modifying the axle flanges...or was it pretty much a bolt on affair?

Oh, the calipers look amazing.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Reactions: 1 users

rose350

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2013
Illinois
Nice job! Where did you get the oldsmobile decals at? I've been hunting for something like that for front calipers but no such luck yet. Also, are they the high heat kind?
Yes they are high heat. Here's the link to where I got them. I emailed them with specific measurements instead of the standard ones that they sell in their package. I have C5's on the front with a bigger decal.http://www.vinzdecals.com/createcaliper.html

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Yes they are high heat. Here's the link to where I got them. I emailed them with specific measurements instead of the standard ones that they sell in their package. I have C5's on the front with a bigger decal.http://www.vinzdecals.com/createcaliper.html
Thanks for the link! I've got the blazer front swap stuff ready to go on my cutlass, this will make it easy since the calipers are sitting in my shed. Or should i call it, the cuTTlass as I'm doing a 5.3 swap and will be putting twins on it.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I guess my question is invalid...:confused:

Last edited:

rose350

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2013
Illinois
I guess my question is invalid...
Sorry man....I must have not seen your question. You have to cut the top section of the flange off about where you see the curved step so it will sit flush behind the new backing plate. The bottom 2 holes get drilled out to 3/8" and you have to mark a drill 2 new 3/8" holes for the top. You will also have to relocate your shock which mine already was.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks man, I appreciate it. So, it pretty much entails the same mods to the flanges as if you were doing F-body rear discs...okay, gotcha.

Nice job plumbing the proportioning valve. No need to crawl underneath the car to adjust brake bias...cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor