rear brake bleeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
just finished complete brake lines and calipers and rotors. started to gravity bleed and noticed it's almost impossible to get a wrench (tubing or regular) on the bleeder for the rear. it's recessed a little and with the hose on the tubing wrench will not go on because of the recess where the bleeder is. pulled the hose off and used a 5/16 socket to close the bleeder so i can regroup and maybe get some good ideas on this. i like to pressure bleed as a final but it looks like i'll have to use a socket and rag to catch all the fluid. any ideas? thanks

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I agree, getting to the rear bleeders are a pain in the *ss.
I've been using a small ratcheting wrench meant to be used for bleeder screws. It actually has a hole in the center of the socket, but I had to enlarge the hole in order to fit a piece of rubber tubing in it. I'll see if I can get you a picture of it.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I just use a 1/4 drive long 5/16 6 point socket and I find it easy even with the wheel on and the GP jacked up a few inches

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
I just use a 1/4 drive long 5/16 6 point socket and I find it easy even with the wheel on and the GP jacked up a few inches
hi pontiacgp. i been using the same socket. getting ready for final bleed and would like to avoid the mess that goes without the hose on. i'll stare at it for a few more days then make a move. thanks for repy

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
I agree, getting to the rear bleeders are a pain in the *ss.
I've been using a small ratcheting wrench meant to be used for bleeder screws. It actually has a hole in the center of the socket, but I had to enlarge the hole in order to fit a piece of rubber tubing in it. I'll see if I can get you a picture of it.
thanks for the reply. that sounds like what i need. getting ready to bleed this project out and it goes better with the rubber tube on it. not as much of a mess.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you can use speed bleeders and I used a clear line so I can see if any air bubble are still present

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I have a pair of speed bleeders for the rears that I'm yet to install, already have them up front. I think that would be a better solution in the long run.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor