Rear Coilover Shock Bracket issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I don't think I would mess with the bottom control arm brackets either. I wouldn't want to mess with the geometry of the control arms, or the strength of that bracket.

If QA1 or another company can't resolve the ill fitting bracket, you could have the holes filled in with piece of similar thickness metal and welded to eliminate the egged out shape. I'm confident that the coil over bracket is going no where as I have it bolted.

Hutch

Reactions: 1 user

Chevytruc1658

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2011
North Bend, Washington
Hey everyone, finally got in touch with QP and the issue with the QA1 bracket not matching the stock brackets was not new to them. They had fabricated a fix for this. Attached are photos of brackets that they have fabricated to mount to the stock brackets. Bolts and brackets cost about $25 before shipping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 157
Reactions: 2 users

85/86 SS

n00b
Nov 3, 2020
Exact same problem on my 86 ss ford 9" , qa1 brackets wont work , talked to Jay at QP they have a bracket they designed for $45 a pair. Even QA1 said their bracket wont work with non stock rear.

Chevytruc1658

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2011
North Bend, Washington
I purchased the brackets from QP and they worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor