Rear Coilover Upgrade Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benwa

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2020
Winslow Illinois
Well right now its best run at the track without spray or big tires is a 12.5 @114 mph. Need a few things yet but I am always going to be limited to 11.99 because I dont want a roll bar because then it wont be as street car as I feel a street car should be. So I am working on drivability and quality of the ride. After the suspension is updated I guess move on to bodywork.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Well right now its best run at the track without spray or big tires is a 12.5 @114 mph. Need a few things yet but I am always going to be limited to 11.99 because I dont want a roll bar because then it wont be as street car as I feel a street car should be. So I am working on drivability and quality of the ride. After the suspension is updated I guess move on to bodywork.
First, roll bar is 11.49. Second, you are not bending the housing going 11.50. I ran 10.30's at 130 with 1.42 60' times on an unbraced GM rear. You have the tubes welded to the center section thats all it needs. The control arms are outboard of the brace and the the ends of the rear try to bend forward under acceleration. With the control arms out so far, it cant bend beyond the control arms. Put the shocks on, get rid of the brace and have fun. If it bothers you, put a more solid bushing in the lower control arms to prevent forward deflection in the arms when the car leaves.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor