rear disc brake proportioning valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe b.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2014
switching my 87 monte to rear disc,trying to figure out wich proportioning vavle i need.

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
You will need a disc/disc. Available at master power brakes.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
FWIW when I upgraded the brakes on my car ( 3-4years ago now ) I wanted to see how they worked before I swapped the prop valve. I never did and they work just as great as my friends Monte who did swap in the disc / disc prop valve.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I have read some tech about removing the guts from the stock valve, not sure where I seen it though. I ended up using an aftermarket distribution/proportioning valve, adjustable and with a brake light switch in it.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
FWIW when I upgraded the brakes on my car ( 3-4years ago now ) I wanted to see how they worked before I swapped the prop valve. I never did and they work just as great as my friends Monte who did swap in the disc / disc prop valve.

That is strange cause the disk/drum proportional valve has a 10 lbs residual valve on the drum side to compensate for the springs and the disk set up has a 3 lbs residual. Do your back pads not wear out prematurely?

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Try this one :
Wilwood brake-proportioning valve 260-8419 Summit Racing $41.94. Its adjustable and affordable. My buddy used this while doing the f-body disc swap on his car.

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
That is strange cause the disk/drum proportional valve has a 10 lbs residual valve on the drum side to compensate for the springs and the disk set up has a 3 lbs residual. Do your back pads not wear out prematurely?

Seem to be fine. I must have a least 15000 kms on the setup since the swap. No noticeable brake drag, heat or dust.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Seem to be fine. I must have a least 15000 kms on the setup since the swap. No noticeable brake drag, heat or dust.

that is interesting cause I was always told the valve for the disk/drum would not work with the disk/disk...hmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor