Rear Disc setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
has anyone done a rear disc setup an what did u use for this swap

im lookin to do a setup on my car but fit 15 x 8s ....

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Unless you want to change your diff there are kits that changes out the backing plate to mount calipers. The kit has calipers,parking brake cables, rotors and all the hardware you'll need. The proportioning valve has to be changed but you'd have to do that either way you go.

http://www.p-s-t.com/rdbk.html

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
umm, i might to do that but someone told me i could use a F-body setup...
is this sound right to u ?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
from what I have read for the easiest conversion they use the LS1 F-body rear disc's that pretty much bolt on with some slight re-working of the axle flange and relocating of the shock...

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
pontiacgp said:
from what I have read for the easiest conversion they use the LS1 F-body rear disc's that pretty much bolt on with some slight re-working of the axle flange and relocating of the shock...

I've read and heard the same. A friend did this same thing with a 3rd Gen F-Body. Same Rearend setup. The LS1 internal parking brake is nice also. I've got most of the parts stored in my Garage Attic and from looking at all of it, it should be simple to do. I've got a couple of links if u want them, but u may have seen them already.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
85t5mcss said:
I've read and heard the same. A friend did this same thing with a 3rd Gen F-Body. Same Rearend setup. The LS1 internal parking brake is nice also. I've got most of the parts stored in my Garage Attic and from looking at all of it, it should be simple to do. I've got a couple of links if u want them, but u may have seen them already.

to be honest I wasn't even thinking about a conversion. I'm upgrading my drum bakes using wheel cylinders from a non power bake S 10 to improve the rear brakes BUT this discussion about conversion has got me thinking since I'll be looking for a stronger posi diff for my vehicle anyway..

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
yea id like to see the links im really wantin to do this setup thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor