Rear disk brackets for 00 Camaro caliper swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
I have searched for brackets. On your official site. Can you send me a link with a price on the bracket/adapter?

I really don't want to cut the axle. If anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
I hope so too. Would be nice if we didnt have too cut it.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Most of the ones that I've seen done, required cutting off one of the mounting ears from the axle flange. I can't say I ever liked that method.

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
Most of the ones that I've seen done, required cutting off one of the mounting ears from the axle flange. I can't say I ever liked that method.

Wait. ..I just noticed you said most do you know some that don't?

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The 98-02 Camaro rear brake swap means using the backing plates - they contain the parking brake, a small one-piece shoe that expands inside the brake rotor to hold the car when parked. A completely different swap is possible if you use 79-85 front-wheel drive Cadillac or Buick calipers - they use a mechanical override in the caliper itself to apply pressure to the pads to hold the car when parked. Scarebird makes a bracket kit that requires no cutting on the G-body axle, but you do have to turn down the axle shaft flanges fit then into the rotors.

https://scarebird.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=129
IMG_2373.JPG

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
I've been told these will work. But I'll call tomorrow to confirm.

http://flynbye.com/catalog/i30.html

Those are for the presence ls1 camaros. 93-97 lt1.from what I read about flyneby he's difficult to get a hold of and takes a very long time to get your stuff. The thing with brackets like those you lose the ebrake provision because you're only mounting the caliper and not the ebrake assembly.

I agree with longroof. The only mounting for ls1 rears I have seen is cutting off the tab.

The ones that ss696 posted I've seen used to. It's nice to be able to go to a parts store and get parts right away.

As he mentioned will also need a modification to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor