rear disk conversion help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael_boomin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2020
I just got a set of rear brakes from a 98-02 blazer for my 78 El Camino. I need some help on what to do next , haven’t found many clear videos on what to do. any help works thanks

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I I’d found a few YouTube videos that were real helpful. And I AINT a mechanic!. It was my first attempt at that kind of project. Went together nice.

Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I just got a set of rear brakes from a 98-02 blazer for my 78 El Camino. I need some help on what to do next , haven’t found many clear videos on what to do. any help works thanks
Welcome to the forum.
Welcome to the forum. We see this is your very first post. Please introduce yourself. You might get a better response.

before buying brake parts you should know what rims you are using. Caliper clearance will be an issue for most rear disc swaps if you are keeping factory 14” or 15” rims

Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
It’s cool when a lurker’s first post is a response to a noob’s question.

😎

Growing the next generation!

S10 brakes will mount exactly the same way.

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
It’s cool when a lurker’s first post is a response to a noob’s question.

😎

Growing the next generation!

I lurked one day then signed up. Kinda miss the forums. Feels like I spent a lifetime on ROP and Oldspower until a few yrs ago. I recognize a few names here. Surely many have seen my car. :)

An issue that may occur bolting S10 rear disc on a g-body is caliper to frame clearance. Calipers are mounted fore or aft the axle depending with mounting plates are used 2wd or 4wd at the 2 o'clock or 10 o'clock positions. 2wd rotors need to be used for this swap. Thoughts were maybe clocking the mounting brackets at the 4 or 8 o'clock positions. I haven't done this particular swap but discovered yrs ago that this disc swap was practically a direct swap to early a-bodys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor