Rear Disk Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
There are a few posts about how to do the Blazer rear disc brake swap, the blazer swap is cheap if you live outside the rust belt because you can find most of the parts at a local junk yard.

MTP-Madmat

Apprentice
Feb 27, 2018
I did the gen 4 F-body rear disk brakes. Also used the gears and carrier that was in the donor housing. Just needed to buy moser 28 spline axles. They work great but I didn’t change the master or prop valve so I have a lot of rear brake

Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
What is everyone's thoughts on converting from drum to disk on a 83-88 Monte SS? I plan on changing out the rear end out anyway how much harder would the conversion be? Other than the straight forward parts that need to be replaced what else is needed? Would i need a new master cylinder?

Watch these three videos. They were almost made for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor