Rear end question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
Hey all,

I'm looking to put a posi in my car, but I don't know what exactly to look for. What other cars would i be able to pull one out of that will fit. I have 2.73 open diff right now. I don't know if the axles are 26 or 28 spline (possibly something else?) by the way, the car is a 87 regal

Thanks

Ryan

betsy84

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Your looking at a 26 spline unless modified, other 26 splines that I know of that will fit it from the 80s are/ s10, blazer, SOME 80s Fbodys, monte's, regals, el caminos, malibus, 442s and H/Os. Look for RPO code G80. Thats POSI. Most will probably be a 2 series carrier which you can put a spacer and get numerically higher 3.08, otherwise the 2 series carrier holds 3.08 and numerically lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor