64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Fluffy is better than too skinny.

OldsCutty86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2021
Its from a 2002 Camaro. I got the complete rear end in order to use everything. I bought new rotors and rebuilt the calipers.
Not trying to dive too deep into your build, but was it easy to mount up? I know a bit about motor work, but rear ends and suspension is still kinda foreign to me .

OldsCutty86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2021
A
Its from a 2002 Camaro. I got the complete rear end in order to use everything. I bought new rotors and rebuilt the calipers.
Also, I was told that a rear end for a 2001 trans am ws6 wouldn’t for my car. I thought that the trans am was very similar to the Camaro rear end

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I would grab the whole Trans Am rear, as said disc that can be converted. Also it will have desirable gears and probably the good Torsen posi. Add GN 8.5" or Moser axles and you have an upgraded rear end. I personally would not want an LS car with shitty gearing.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Anyone want to start a pool on the 4L60?
I give it a week, no one a abuses performance cars🙄. Go on Real Olds Power, all you have to do is make one anti right wing comment and then they argue how great the 4L60E is😁. They failed a lot in trucks, there is a great price GM reman to cover certain year failures and GM noted it in a TSB and why it is offered. It failed in my BIL's 95 Z28, can you tell I am a fan? My 94 Z71 had a GM reman that developed the weak reverse issue. I blew the 3/4 clutch pack in a 4L65E towing a light load. I've blown up enough 2004R's as well but like the gear ratios much better.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
A

Also, I was told that a rear end for a 2001 trans am ws6 wouldn’t for my car. I thought that the trans am was very similar to the Camaro rear end
you cant use the rear end! all you are using is the disk brake setup. There are plenty of YT videos that show how to do it.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor