Rear end swap ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Wow, i searched this and people hate the 73-77's so bad finding the info was tough. Poor colonnade fans!!

I seem to find 55-56" backing plate to backing plate and G body is 52.5, assuming the standard 58" wide stock G body, drums are equal to 5.5". so 55+5.5=60.5-61.5 so darn close to 61".

Basically collonade is 2.5-3.5" wider? Same wider width as a later 68-72 A body rear?

Problem is the upper ears sit low and wide like a fox body. G body is higher and narrower.

1563919230385.png

Reactions: 1 user
Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
This probably not what you want to hear, but an 8.8 was pretty economical for me. If you buy just the upper arms to adapt it to the gbody you could be back on your wheels in no time. Then you have to decide if you want to get custom axles like I did, run adapter plates, have the stock axles drilled for a 5x4.75 bolt pattern, or just run some 4 lug mustang wheels until you can afford one of the previous options. Either way, there is a video of how to do the 8.8 swap in my signature. Good luck.

Edit: Whoops, it's not in my signature. here is the video:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor