Rear End Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonicaTheMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 24, 2019
Cape Breton, Nova Scotia Canada
im swapping in my built 383 stroker into my 82 sport coupe and I know im going to grenade my rear end due to the motor having roughly 450hp and 500tq was just wondering what rear ends can i swap in that could hold this power

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
there are some knowledgeable drag racers on here and most will suggest a 9" if you have a look around the threads.

Reactions: 1 user

MonicaTheMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 24, 2019
there are some knowledgeable drag racers on here and most will suggest a 9" if you have a look around the threads.
i was looking into it but im only 18 and dont have a ton of money to spend right now into it I did look into a ford 8.8 and also the 9 inch but also not looking majorly break the bank dont mind I little spending though

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Sn95 mustang rear is nearly bolt in. Some of the site sponsors have the required parts to complete it. Can get a rear end out of a upull yard for relatively cheap if you have the ability to do some light fabrication. Possible the cheapest/strongest cost effective setup.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
i was looking into it but im only 18 and dont have a ton of money to spend right now into it I did look into a ford 8.8 and also the 9 inch but also not looking majorly break the bank dont mind I little spending though

what kind of tools do you have access to and what transmission are you going to be using. I don't know what you have done with you car up to now but you want to make sure the frame, body mounts, suspension bushings, ball joints, control arm and their connection points on the frame are in good shape.

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017

Attachments

• IMG957194.1.jpg
    IMG957194.1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG957195.jpg
    IMG957195.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

MonicaTheMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 24, 2019
Sn95 mustang rear is nearly bolt in. Some of the site sponsors have the required parts to complete it. Can get a rear end out of a upull yard for relatively cheap if you have the ability to do some light fabrication. Possible the cheapest/strongest cost effective setup.
I have access to a full junkyard with over 2000 cars so I should be able to find one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor