Rear End Width

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I am looking into swapping the stock rear out of a 1986 Monte Carlo SS and putting in a Moser 12 bolt and was curious if this would change the width of the rear? Anyone have expericance with this?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Shouldn't be that big of a worry, they do make bolt in G body 12 bolts. I've thought of getting one of them if I could ever afford one.

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
Moser will cut it to stock 58" unless you ask for something custom. I would recommend using bolt in axles if you are ordering it new, (like a 9").
-Mac

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
Moser will cut it to stock 58" unless you ask for something custom. I would recommend using bolt in axles if you are ordering it new, (like a 9").
-Mac
Thats what i was going to do. I had read up on this and everyone here at said the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor