rear frame issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ter'M'Up

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 18, 2006
I was wondering if anyone else had hear about the rear frame (above the rear wheels, and back) rotting (as my mechanic is telling me 4th gen Monte's are famous for it). I live in Niagara region, ON, Canada, and car was off the road about 1 yr, I am now current (and proud) owner of a 1986 Monte Carlo LS...I heard there are kits for rear frame replacement, and I would like to look into it online, but when I google it...no luck??? any hints...or is it a "shop only" type of situation. If I wanted to tub (which I kinda don't) I could find back half frame kits, is this the solution, just maker sure frame rails are wider?

One last thing, another mechanic is telling me my rims (SS style alumin rims) are tired, and should be replaced??? any way to salvage/restore/strengthen these back to spec??

Thanks.

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
He is from Woodstock, Ontario
His name is Conrad Lozier

#(519) 537-7214
Cell #(519) 536-3506

He makes high Quality parts. I really should get mine done as well before he no longer does it.

Hope that helps.

Ter'M'Up

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 18, 2006
Thanks, I will give Conrad a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor