Rear headliner trim clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Bringing topic back up. Doing my headliner and I need some clips. Front and back. There has to be some other aftermarket clip that would work and do the same thing.
Anybody know of anything.

A guy on ebay has 1 for $12. No WAY am I paying that much.
Do you need all the clips front and rear. I might have enough spares, as long as they're the same style as my Cutlass.

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Bringing topic back up. Doing my headliner and I need some clips. Front and back. There has to be some other aftermarket clip that would work and do the same thing.
Anybody know of anything.

A guy on ebay has 1 for $12. No WAY am I paying that much.
Isn't there 5 total if I recall, 3 in front and two rear.

Grnmnstr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 8, 2017
NJ
Thanks, but I see there is a kit on ebay, front and rear for $23. Thanks for the help.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Fronts for the windshield 20058837 10 for $8.18

For the rear inner upper metal trim piece clips, those are :

These replaced the arrowhead deals (20095324). Fits the same, just looks a bit different.

If you REALLY want the arrowhead style, Mikesmontes.com sells a set of 3 for 10.99.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I thought it was 5 up front, 3 in the back. But I could be mis-remembering.

He hit the 25 post mark. I could respond. :)
It might be, my memory is garbage with the interior stuff because it's been so long since I tore my car down. I have pics saved from the junkyard though when I pulled the spares. I'll report back.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It might be, my memory is garbage with the interior stuff because it's been so long since I tore my car down. I have pics saved from the junkyard though when I pulled the spares. I'll report back.
Hey, who remembers doing a headliner, huh? It's an unremarkable, low return on investment type of job that hardly anyone pays attention to. It's like those umbrella clips on the rear deck panel for the non-vinyl top cars. NOBODY remembers. Unless you just did one in the near recent past. At least there are some little divots in the rear upper panel to help guide where the clips go. Same for that rear exterior panel for the umbrellas. I WANT to say on a hard top you have 3 rears, 3 on each side of those screw in clips, and there's 5 of those front windshield molding clips.

If 5 is correct for the front, then GM faked us out. They usually sold those front clips 15 to a box. And if you could do 3 cars with a box, I'd be amazed if it worked out like that. Normally they do the hot dog / bun ratio problem where you have to do higher math to equal out the number of hot dogs to buns.

Reactions: 1 user

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
Clip, GM Group 11.120 . Front pn. 20058837 rear pn. 20095324. Front AUVECO no. 18398. It list two different ones for the rear,neither one matched the GM number

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor