Rear Housing bushing installation/removal tool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Gotta get my rear housing finished up and ready to go, gonna be sandblasting and powder coating it, so made me a useful tool...
and the tool is normally around $60 plus shipping

wasnt feeling to good the past couple of days, so decided to play with the welder and grinder to cheer me up a little, it worked :D (well as far as cheering me up a little)
[youtube]eoUL5n2VD14[/youtube]

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
L.A.X-RATED said:
DAMNIT!!!and i gave hnr 90.00 for mine!!!
does it look similar, or work the same etc, i didnt have anything to go off of.... i just remembered the concept from something i saw a while ago and figured it was a simple enough thing to make! and it turned out to be simple, im going to be getting a but and bolt tomorrow and trying it out

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Yeah the same concept homie! Ill shoot you a pic of mine.it works great i must say,offered to let your boys warren and mel. It for the postage to ship but i think they opted for the power drill an drill bit method.either way" got er" done :mrgreen:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I use that method with the drill and punch...i did have to remove the bushings to use with a new rear, the poly bushings were almost new. The poly just slid out and I heated the ears until the metal jacket came out easy. I didn't want to damage the jacket since I had to reuse it

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Nice job on making that tool. Man I really need to learn how to weld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor