Rear lower body chrome removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Have done some digging and may have missed it in the tech forums here and on ElCamino Central.
So… Rear lower chrome on a Conquista there’s the screw at the door, ones around the wheel well, and one at the back.
My problem is how to get it off the clips. My Chevy factory body book doesn’t tell you and the couple of body guys I know can’t remember.
Is it a special tool and I DO NOT want to wreck it as I hope to sell it when I get them off.
C3F3DC42-3D19-473A-AEDC-727B5395A4B9.jpeg

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
if you're referring to the one between the door and wheel opening molding,it unsnaps from the bottom or the top.i can't recall as it's been years and i'm not gonna tell you to start prying around..that said there's no screws or anything involved holding it in place..open the door to get it outta the way and pull that molding towards the front of the car,those clips are plastic and it should slid along them in a straight line.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
if you're referring to the one between the door and wheel opening molding,it unsnaps from the bottom or the top.i can't recall as it's been years and i'm not gonna tell you to start prying around..that said there's no screws or anything involved holding it in place..open the door to get it outta the way and pull that molding towards the front of the car,those clips are plastic and it should slid along them in a straight line.
Could have sworn there was a screw there by the door. But you were correct. It’s be a while since I looked at it. Will try and take it off shortly. Thank you! Hopefully I can sell the set and put the money back into the car.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
the molding on the door has(should) a clip @each end that requires a screw.its been years since i ran the moldings.ill see if I still have any clips left you're welcome to them if so.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
the molding on the door has(should) a clip @each end that requires a screw.its been years since i ran the moldings.ill see if I still have any clips left you're welcome to them if so.
I’m actually removing them. I’ll keep the upper one but the lower ones are going away. But thank you!

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
The wheel opening molding fits into the body side molding, remove the back screw(s) from the front WOM to get better leverage on the BS molding. The horizontal moldings pop off from the bottom. Use your fingers or the typical plastic body molding tool. If reinstalling they snap on from the top - hang the molding on the top of the plastic fasteners and pop it down with the heel of your hand.

Naturally the front right moldings were the first to be used up so they have been discontinued for a long long time. You might get a good price selling the ones you remove.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
The wheel opening molding fits into the body side molding, remove the back screw(s) from the front WOM to get better leverage on the BS molding. The horizontal moldings pop off from the bottom. Use your fingers or the typical plastic body molding tool. If reinstalling they snap on from the top - hang the molding on the top of the plastic fasteners and pop it down with the heel of your hand.

Naturally the front right moldings were the first to be used up so they have been discontinued for a long long time. You might get a good price selling the ones you remove.
I’m switching from the full body lower to just the fenders. So I hope to sell the the ones I’m pulling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor