Rear lower control arm help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GbodyL.Sguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2017
Ohio
Hello I went to swap out my rear LCA's for some non adjustable ones and noticed my driver side mount has a 1/4 to 1/2 difference in bolt hole reference point to my passenger side. The new control arms bolt in no problems but the original's on the driver were a pain to remove and were noticeably bent and wore all the way out. Any suggestions from here or is that driveable as long as I don't have any problems with it hopping around or doing goofy stuff.

Attachments

• 20190630_102914.jpg
    20190630_102914.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 262

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Looking at your pic isn't really helping. Do you know if the frame has been damaged at any time? Otherwise just take her out for a spin and see how she drives. Also might want to check that wheels are centered the same from side to side

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Driver side front bracket looks bent to me. Maybe it's just the picture, but something doesn't seem right at that junction. It may not be all your problems, but it's likely at least 1 of them.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it looks like it is bent and pushed up. Unless you have a jig to put the frame or have the money to give the car to a frame shop I would be looking for a "new" frame that is in good shape to replace the bent one.

GbodyL.Sguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2017
Ohio
Thanks for the replies everyone, the pics may be hard to see but it's the best I could do I live in Ohio and its been nothing short of rain for 3 months straight. The car drove well when I bought it 3yrs ago doing 90+ mph on the highway for 1 1/2hrs, no shaking,swaying things like that and plenty of sharp and aggressive corners, but it has been to 3 shops for 2 of those years so it could of happened then. But I found a frame measurement diagram on here and I'll measure the frame at different points and see what I have. From the other Gbody's I've had this is honestly the cleanest and straightest, just didn't notice that when I was looking at it but again thanks for the replies I'll let you guys know what measurements I have probably next week it's going to rain until Monday or Tuesday.

GbodyL.Sguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2017
Ohio
fleming442, pontiacgp it's kind of bent but not really more pushed up just enough to notice the bolt hole location difference from side to side. But the new control arms bolt right in no problems at all, everything lines up and is straight but I'll take measurements here in a couple days and see hopefully I don't have to track down another frame. Thanks for the reply

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
My guess is at some point in time someone accidentally used that as a lift point instead of the frame.
This is where LCA's with spherical ends are needed.

Pronto-

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2014
Yup, it's bent from a numbnut jacking the car on it or running over a big rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor