rear measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
so the 80 malibu i got at one time was a moving speaker. after starting deconstruction to get everything to metal i realized all the metal for the rear deck and rear seats was removed and replaced with 1/2" plywood. obviously this does not fly with me so before i start fabricating stuff does anyone have the factory measurements of this area? id like to make sure everything is in spec before welding it up

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if I am fabricating pieces like that I make a cardboard template and transfer that shape to the metal

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
I've done that in the past replacing damaged parts. This is something new. The guy cut all the braces and sheet metal out. It's like an El Camino except for the exterior body. I want to make sure there was no twist or damage done to the body which is why I asked for stock or factory measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor