rear s10 calipers on a ford 9in

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafael martinez jr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 13, 2017
new jersey
i have a 80 malibu with a 9in ford rear it has big ford old style flange. ive converted the front brakes with the s10 front spindle setup and the guy gave me the rear calipers from the same truck. can i get bolt on brackets and rotors to use the s10 rear calipers on my 9in and if so which company has them thx

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
i have a 80 malibu with a 9in ford rear it has big ford old style flange. ive converted the front brakes with the s10 front spindle setup and the guy gave me the rear calipers from the same truck. can i get bolt on brackets and rotors to use the s10 rear calipers on my 9in and if so which company has them thx
You would be better off using a Ford disc brake set up. The solid axle Ford Explorers use the large bearing flange. Those brakes would probably work fine. My only concern would be the axle shaft flange to axle housing flange offset.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
This is why I ordered my 9 with the GM axle ends. For once I headed off the situation your in.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Do you have just the calipers or the entire park brake, backing plate assembly?

The rear S series calipers alone are kinda worthless as they are the same as 4wd and without the mounts don't get you anywhere.

You can buy a bracket that welds on to mount a G body stock front caliper, but you don't have an e-brake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor