Rear Seat Brace Camparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Being that my car is now finally painted and being put back together after 3 long years of restoration, I am going to be driving it this summer. And being that the B and C pillars were cracked when I got it, I want to get a rear seat brace so this doesn't reoccur. Now I'm only going to be driving it to car cruises and back for the most part, no racing or Auto-X for the time being and it only has a bone-stock V6 so I'm not gonna be going very fast, either. I want to know if the basic "X-Brace" from Kirban's would suffice for this purpose. Is the "Weld-In GNX style" brace all that much better? I really am short on cash, and I Also don't want to be doing a lot of welding on my freshly painted car that has nice new paint underneath as well as on the body. Will I be ok for this type of driving with the tubular style X-Brace?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Honestly, and im gonna catch flack, but the back seat brace these cars came with doesn't do sh*t. 2 3/8ths(if that) inch rods are supposed to stiffen a full frame car? Gimme a break. If you just replaced the body bushings and only have a v6 you will have no issues with hurting the body, unless you just threw filler everywhere which in that case it will crack but not because the chassis flex. If you are at all worried about it go to Rural King and get 2 4' long pieces of 1/2" tubing and make your own for under $25.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Honestly, and im gonna catch flack, but the back seat brace these cars came with doesn't do sh*t. 2 3/8ths(if that) inch rods are supposed to stiffen a full frame car? Gimme a break. If you just replaced the body bushings and only have a v6 you will have no issues with hurting the body, unless you just threw filler everywhere which in that case it will crack but not because the chassis flex. If you are at all worried about it go to Rural King and get 2 4' long pieces of 1/2" tubing and make your own for under $25.

x2....the rear window is a nice brace....

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Its pretty easy to make your own.I used some aluminum flat bar,no welding needed.Heres a picture;

Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor