Rear seat delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Anyone ever done a rear seat delete on a wagon? If so post up some pics. was just something i was thinking about doing.Would like to see some pics to get some ideas.

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
I'm taking mine out to do a weight reduction. The seat weighed 70 lbs on my bathroom scale! There's a few ideas I tossed around but ultimately settled on carpeting the whole cargo area and have it flow over the ledge moving forward, and cover the seat area too. I plan to have a pair of woofer boxes on either side that will match the carpet but be easily removable for track days. Simplicity won out. :) I haven't made much progress since removing the seat so I don't have pics yet. Here's my build thread link, if I beat you to it I'll post it here when I do. If you beat me please post what you did. https://gbodyforum.com/threads/79-cutlass-wagon-g-machine-build.29235/page-33#post-583954

Reactions: 1 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Ill for sure post pics. I thought about doing a bomber bench seat up front and a rear seat delete, or doing 4 bomber seats 2 front 2 rear. Just havent decided if that would be super ugly and not flow well or not. Or maybe doing a front bench with buckets built in them and a rear seat delete. To many options.

(i like this look but would do it in light blue vinyl to match my interior.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bomber-style-bench-seat-for-rat-rod-street-rod-or-airboat-/282496535509

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor