CUTLASS Rear Seat Reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutsout

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2021
So I am in the process of swapping carpet and some interior trim pieces on my 79 Supreme. I removed the rear seat back from the three prong mount things, and then realized I didn’t have the right torx bit for the lower bolts.

Long story short, I was able to do what I needed to do without having the seat back out, but now I can’t get the thing back in the tabs. It’s like they are two inches lower than where they need to be. Do I have to remove the seatbelt bracket bolts and install from the top? I wrestling with this for like an hour last night and didn’t get anything where it needed to be. Thanks in advance!

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
It is much easier to take the seat belt bolts/ rear cushion holdown bolts out and drop it in the top brackets and put the bolts back in. You can bend the metal seat frame bars trying to lift the back up and over those brackets.

Reactions: 1 user

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Do yourself a favor and go pick up the correct bit and just take the bolts out. You will likely ruin the seat if you try to force it as is. BTW, a T50 will usually work but the correct size is actually a T500.

Reactions: 1 users

scoutsout

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2021
Thanks all. I actually bought the T500 bit when this all first started, and then the project moved in a slightly different direction, so now we're back here. Appreciate all the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor