Rear seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensfree

n00b
Jun 6, 2019
Have an ‘83 project going. Finally found a rear seat in good condition, but now I can’t figure out what’s supposed to hold it up? There’s a latch in the back of the seat, but as you can see, the wagon has been modified for racing and whatever the seat was supposed to be resting on/attached to is gone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
IMG_0617.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG
IMG_0618.JPG
IMG_0519.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
You seem to be missing a piece. It both latches when the seat is up and fills the gap when the seat is down.

IMG_20190819_211138004.jpg IMG_20190819_211156486.jpg

Your survivor's upholstery matches my old blue wagon. If the rest of it is good, save the skins if you reupholster it to match your fronts. Another wagoneer may be willing to pay some for it.

I hope your roll cage leaves enough room for when it's up. If your inner tailgate panel will not be used and it's not dried out and crusty, I'm looking for an upgrade. Will dye to match...

Reactions: 1 users

jensfree

n00b
Jun 6, 2019
Ahhhh - yes, definitely missing that piece. We actually have the same color interior as in your photos (mostly)! Just found these seats and were going to use SEM paints (have had good luck with it in the past) to paint whole interior black as we’ve been piecing together the interior with any color we can find. The seat thankfully does fit with the roll cage. If anyone has or knows where to get that piece let me know. We also don’t have the interior tailgate panel and have been looking... thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
There has been someone on Ebay selling the metal section of a Gbody wagon rear seat and it's still there for sale. Its maroon tho. Just google 1979 Malibu wagon or maybe 1980 Malibu wagon and scrool down till it pops up. maybe the pics can help you.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor