Rear shock upper bolt tool?

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Well, I went ahead and made the tool. I had a long handled 1/2" closed end distributor wrench that fit nothing I own. Pontiacs use 9/16". I can get way up there and just grab the bolt head from below, then tighten the nut with a long 1/2" socket on an extension from below. I'm still adjusting for the best angle but grabbing the head of the bolt is EZPZ now. I also make sure to only use stainless steel nuts and bolts on stuff like this with lots of anti-seize. I should have done this long ago!!
Yea I see what you're doing, trying to get it from the bottom too. Once you get that end on, should work good.

Reactions: 1 user

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
I had to round-out the holes in the Bilstein shocks with a drill to fit the bolts that came with the UMI shock tower brace. Was one of those situations where the hole was metric and the bolt was a slightly larger SAE. Didn't have trouble running the bolts/nuts on as described (nut on top). Making your own tools is awesome though - bravo.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor