Rear Springs Falling Out Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Why do you need the bracket at all, unless you went to a rear disk conversion and the caliper doesn't allow the shock to mount in its original position, it that the case?
I recently removed my rear end and everything in the back to clean and replace it. I am still using the factory control arms but new bushings, new springs, and new shocks. I also went ahead and did the blazer brake swap. I reinstalled everything and was trying to mock up the shock brackets because the stock locations no longer work. I lowered the rear down to torque up all of the control arm bolts but when i jack the rear back up the springs come out. Am I doing something wrong? Is this normal? Also is it ok for the shocks to be compressed some in normal ride height stance?

Correct. His initial post had that info.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor