Rear springs for 86 Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
86 Regal (just replacing the super old stock stuff). The car has sat for 10+ years. It's a street driven car.

I've already decided on KYB Excel G (all 4) and Moog 5660s on the front. I don't have the final tires on the car yet, but they will most likely be 235-55/60/15 on all 4 corners.

I absolutely read through 40 threads lol on here, maliburacing, montess, etc... and I'm more confused than when I started.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Depending on what your plan is for the car as if you want stiff ride, factory ride, able to put a couple people in the back seat and sit level, or have the rear sit a little higher than the front (old school look).

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Depending on what your plan is for the car as if you want stiff ride, factory ride, able to put a couple people in the back seat and sit level, or have the rear sit a little higher than the front (old school look).

Level in the front and back (not looking for the "rake" look)
I'm leaning more towards a factory ride.
I currently have UMI springs and shocks on my Monte Carlo and that's fine (I just don't want to spend that much on the Regal).

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Level in the front and back (not looking for the "rake" look)
I'm leaning more towards a factory ride.
I currently have UMI springs and shocks on my Monte Carlo and that's fine (I just don't want to spend that much on the Regal).
Moog springs. About $80 to$120. If you go with progressive coils it will sit a hair higher in the back with a stock ride and handle anything you put in the trunk or a couple people in the back. Not radical but nice stance.

Reactions: 1 user

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
My car is pretty similiar, but with tall lower balljoints. has a slight rake with 5413's in the rear. Your car might be level. Unfortunately will have to try it and possibly cut front springs. the 5660's do work well.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
his car^ might have the slight rake because the taller lower ball joints lower it by default.for what you're building this to do don't over think the rear springs,the fronts do all the heavy lifting.stockers with be a fine replacement for your current ones.

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Factory Monte SS came with progressively wound coil springs in the rear. A pair of them from one of the forum suppliers that offer suspension ought to plug in with no issues.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor