Rear springs to match 5660s

Status
Not open for further replies.

myAisaG

n00b
Aug 5, 2021
Maryland
Hi all I have been watching for a while now I finally need to post. I have been reading moog spring rate charts but not getting the information I need. Its probably went over my head im sure. Can anone recommend rear stock hight replacement spring to go with moog 5660 front springs I have 2 inch drop spindles to go with if there are any other suggestions. Just want the best match to what i have. It is a 79 el camino.
Thanks

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
5401's if you want to go low or have a light rear end
5409's if you want to haul a little and are OK with it being a bit higher.

This is 5660's with 1/2 longer front ball joints and 5401's on the rear, both uncut. Normal gas shocks (KYB gas adjust) with probably 100lbs of separation force. I swapped to a viking double adjustable and actually lowered the car on the back more than I wanted and when I toss 300lbs of crap in the trunk for drag week style events it sagged. I went to 5409's and it went up about an inch but settles in nicer with the tall drag radial and loads in the trunk.
1628219273696.png

Reactions: 9 users

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
I've got the 5413's on mine, I've not seen many running the 5401's, seems like a softer spring, that might help smooth out the ride.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor