Rear Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
I don't know about everyone else, but I have 2 little ones so I have to make every dollar count when it comes to buying parts for My G Body since its usually last on the list for spending on. I was going to go with Moog 5413 spring's but have watched as the price climbed over the past few months and they now sit around $80 for a set. I did some digging through the inter-change at work and found that AC Delco part # 45H2013 is the EXACT same spring! Same spring rating, same free and compressed height, same wire diameter. The best part is they were only $63 shipped from Amazon. Just wanted to pass this along.
1591190839567.png

• Informative
Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
AND with a GM part number! My favorite! Hahah.

Good detective work. Standard Motor Parts, Niehoff, Borg Warner, Bosch, and others made a lot of Delco's parts too. The thing is, GM actually MAKES nothing. They contract out everything to get made by some vendor, then they just assemble the stuff. That's why, even if you hate the big car companies, they're a life blood for many smaller car parts makers. Who run across the street to Subway or Starbucks, etc., during lunch hour to keep that business afloat, and so on and so forth. That's the tentacle effect of good reasons not cutting off the head of the Hydra. It could cost you or your neighbor their jobs.

And sometimes, if you can find out who made the part, they often have the SAME part (perhaps a different color or some other non-functional difference) in their own brand for a lot less. Not always, but many times they do. I think it is SMP or BWD even sold Manifold D/P sensors under their own brand, and you flipped the part over and it had the GM logo molded into the part. Don't know if they still do, but when G-bodies were in production and a short time afterwards they did.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor