Rear suspension lower on one side

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
regarding the rubber body bushings used on the G body no one would would use a 40 year old tire even if the tread looked good so why would body bushings not be treated with the same concern...

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I'm going to say what others have said.... the body bushing is shot OR the frame has rusted through at that bushing. Mine were like that as well. Rusted through and toast
I’m hoping that they’re not rusted too bad. The car is pretty much rust free, especially for a northeast car. I’ll find out soon enough

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I’m hoping that they’re not rusted too bad. The car is pretty much rust free, especially for a northeast car. I’ll find out soon enough
My frame was pristine except for those rear body mounts. If you look at my build you will see what I mean
Good luck and hope yours is fine

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

perfect time to change them, if there is no damage then you are lucky and you can treat the areas to prevent any rust damage in the future....

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
My frame was pristine except for those rear body mounts. If you look at my build you will see what I mean
Good luck and hope yours is fine

I looked at a potential replacement frame that was pristine. . . except for the metal behind the rear wheels. Gone.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
that sounds like some ads I have seen.....brand new, only used for a few days.... :giggle:

3vwi2e.jpg

• Haha

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
The frame on my 79 olds was amazingly solid for as rotted as it was. I wanted to finish cutting the body off to save some of the frame but I thought that Murphy was going to shut the whole state down, and I didn’t want to be stuck with the 3/4 cut up car in my garage and the Malibu outside.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor