Rear Sway Bar Parts- Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chlorin8ed

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2011
I have got a rear sway bar for my Malibu, a while back, but I can not seem to find the bolts and parts for it (even if I had them). I have read there is a bracket involved and bolts to the LCA. Any insight on where I can locate a bracket and bolts? and where does it exactly bolt to.

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
I have got a rear sway bar for my Malibu, a while back, but I can not seem to find the bolts and parts for it (even if I had them). I have read there is a bracket involved and bolts to the LCA. Any insight on where I can locate a bracket and bolts? and where does it exactly bolt to.

They are mounted to the rear lower arms. I found one in a yard, so what I did was make a spacer out of steel tubing that fit in between the bottom opening of the arm and used grade 8 bolts and nuts.. The bracket is basically the same thing so you don't bend the arms while you tighten up the bolts.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
I probably have an extra set of the spacer brackets. I collect and sell a fair amount of F41 suspensions pieces. Most times the bolts are too rusted to re-use and for that matter, sometimes the spacer brackets are too far gone also. Eventually , I ran out of these brackets to ship when I sold the sway bar. But I discovered that some mid 80,s Camaros had the brackets installed on the LCA,s even though their rear sway bars do not even mount on the LCA,s. I can check this weekend and make sure I have an extra set. Let me know...timo22

Chlorin8ed

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2011
I probably have an extra set of the spacer brackets. I collect and sell a fair amount of F41 suspensions pieces. Most times the bolts are too rusted to re-use and for that matter, sometimes the spacer brackets are too far gone also. Eventually , I ran out of these brackets to ship when I sold the sway bar. But I discovered that some mid 80,s Camaros had the brackets installed on the LCA,s even though their rear sway bars do not even mount on the LCA,s. I can check this weekend and make sure I have an extra set. Let me know...timo22
That would be great, thanks for checking...

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I used Grade 8 3/8" bolts. Maybe 2-1/2"? You can measure and figure out the right answer. But, with the sheetmetal OEM control arms, if you don't have the spacers inserted, your will just bend the arms without making the bolts tight. You could even use steel pipe if your cut carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor