Rear upper seat bolts/hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I have an 88 mcss that's been apart for a few years. I'm getting the interior back together and forgot what hardware goes with the metal brackets at the bottom of the upper portion of the rear seat. Does anyone have a Pic or a description of the hardware they could provide?
Order of operation is as mentioned. Seat gets hung on brackets, then seat belt retractors, then bolts. I switched out the torx bolts to class 10.9 metric hex head bolts. Makes it way easier if they need to be removed. I wanna say they are like an M12-1.75×40mm or so long. I just went to the hardware store and matched up the originals. Sorry, couldn't find pics.

Reactions: 1 users

SStavin

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2015
Chicagoland
Order of operation is as mentioned. Seat gets hung on brackets, then seat belt retractors, then bolts. I switched out the torx bolts to class 10.9 metric hex head bolts. Makes it way easier if they need to be removed. I wanna say they are like an M12-1.75×40mm or so long. I just went to the hardware store and matched up the originals. Sorry, couldn't find pics.
This is good advice I think I'll be taking.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Just to follow up I did end up using M12-1.75×35mm metric hex head bolts. Seat belt retractors over lower seat bracket. Thanks for the help injectedcutty!
Decent, but I failed to mention something. Make sure you put some RTV or similar on the threads of those bolts to keep any water from coming in. Highly unlikely, but a easy step to take in prevention.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor