Rear view mirror screwup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
I screwed up tonight. Got a wild hair to upgrade my rear view mirror which didnt didnt droop or vibrate but the back of it was sunbaked and looked bad. I had a newer rear view mirror with lights but the windshield mount was different. So i had the bright idea to pop the ball sockets apart and swap the mount base.. turns out the balls are different sizes. Not going to work so go to put it back together and split the tube to my original mirror and cant put my replacement on because the bases are different. I should have just left it alone. Now i have to grind the ball down to fit the newer mirror.
Anybody else done it this way or am i doing it the difficult way

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You could always just change the windshield mirror mount to the correct size for the new mirror or possibly use an adapter.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor