Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
a dusting you say?....here is Lake Lodge in Labrador this past June 13, 2018

labrador-snow.jpg

labrador-snow.jpg
Dammm! I just checked the weather here in Houston. On that day it was 97 degrees. One extreme to the other....

Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
It just came to me... if I was buried in snow, I would need a compass to find my way out, too.:giggle:

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Search "Gentex" on ebay. That will give you a good idea of the options available. Stay away from the OnStar ones, as there isn't much you can do with those buttons without gutting the circuit board they attach to. Another nice option is getting one with HomeLink on it along with all the other stuff.

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I took a stroll through a local yard yesterday and I couldn't find any old Lincolns, the newer ones with a sunroof had no map lights. Lots of GM already had the mirror gone and most of the others had no maps lights. I tried to find one with onstar and map lights cause I figured I could use the onstar to find out the weather and which direction I was traveling. I found a 2002 era Monte SS with the auto dim with map lights so I grabbed that one with the wiring for $10......:)

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I found a 2002 era Monte SS with the auto dim with map lights so I grabbed that one with the wiring for $10......:)
I hope you also grabbed the mirror mount off the windshield since some of the later models use a different size than ours.

• Informative

socalfive

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
that one doesn't have map lights, the reason I like map lights is with t tops I have no dome light so in the front all I have is the foot well lights. I starting to think to pass up on the temp/compass cause none of the ones I have seen have map lights.

I think probably the best one to look for is what came in the Camaro/Firebird fourth gen t-top equipped cars. They're windshield mount, day/Night, simple units

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think probably the best one to look for is what came in the Camaro/Firebird fourth gen t-top equipped cars. They're windshield mount, day/Night, simple units

I got the one I need, I'll keep my eyes open to see what is out there during the winter when i's too friggin cold to do anything else....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor